Thursday, August 27, 2026

What If: Buck and Eddie season 4

Hey, I'm back. I took a little break because the writing for this show at time is so ridiculous and disappointing. Because how can they kill Eddie's abuela Isabelle and not have Eddie or any of the other characters mention it. Why weren't his friends there for him when his cherished family member died? Why was there was no scene in the next episode with the team being there for him? Also, how can they put May Grant together so quickly with Ravi Panikkar without any build up. The writers really showed how easy it is to put together a random straight couple but ignore the one fandom couple fans have contantly asked for, Evan "Buck" Buckley and Edmundo "Eddie" Diaz.

With all that said, I feel like throughout the series, Buck and Eddie have had so many missed opportunities to go canon in 9-1-1. And with the show going into its 10th season, it truly feels like the Showrunner and writers would rather continue to pair them with random love interests than with each other. They have one of the most popular ships and they would rather pretend like it doesn't exist. For me, I always felt like Eddie and Buck should have gone canon in the fourth season. It was the perfect opportunity since Eddie was dealing with his grief and Buck was finding some self-worth and they were both looking for a little romance. I said this so many times, but they are so perfect for each other, they are everything the other is looking for in a romance.

Which is why I had to post this gif set by sofia, it's two different scenes from the fourth season of 9-1-1 but they fit so perfectly together. If anyone who hadn't watched the show saw this, I doubt they wouldn't believe this wasn't a real scene. It just feels like a cute little romantic moment between them, that's actually more believable than the one Eddie was actually having in that scene.

gif Source: sofia (gayeddies)

(gif #1 and #3: 9-1-1 season 4 episode 8: Breaking Point)
(gif #2: 9-1-1 season 4 episode 9: Blindsided)

No comments: