Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Video: Eddie and Buck go to the hospital to see about Abuela Isabel

From a story point of view, I understand why Buck went with Eddie to the hospital in this episode Stuck (season 2 episode 4). It's to move the story along. But from a viewer point of view it made absolutely no sense for him to have actually gone with Eddie. Because Eddie could have gone to the hospital by himself to check on his Abuela Isabel. It's the same as when Buck drove Eddie to pick up Eddie's son Christopher from school near the end of the episode Help is Not Coming (season 2 episode 3). I always found it interesting that the writers made a point of incorporating Buck early on within the Diaz family. Looking back you can see how clearly they were creating the Buckley Diaz family.

I just love that as soon as Eddie told Buck about Christopher near the beginning of the episode 7.1 (season 2 episode 2) when the firefighters were on their way to a really bad emergency. I feel like Buck had a light-bulb moment. Because once they arrived at the damaged hotel to rescue earthquake survivors, he was trying to reassure Eddie that Christopher's school would be one of the safest places to be during an earthquake. He also had another light-bulb moment in this episode Stuck because after listening to Eddie and Tia Josephina "Pepa", the wheels were already forming in his head to try to figure out how help Eddie. And he did, two times in this episode. First, was to let their Captain Robert "Bobby" Nash know that Eddie was bringing Chris to work. And second was by introducing Eddie to Carla Price, a health care worker who knew how to deal with all the red tape issues that Eddie was having in trying to get Christopher the additional care he needed. If I can find it, I'll post that video another time as well.

Although, I wrote about Buck showing support to Eddie in another post, I just continue to find it interesting that he was doing so much to help his new co-worker. I've seen where a lot of fans have said that during this time, Buck had a big crush on Eddie (which I agree with) and he wanted to do whatever he could to help his crush. I can totally understand this fan explanation, it really does add another layer to this storyline. I really love Buck and Eddie and the Buckley Diaz family, which is why I am hoping they will eventually go canon. And make this little family officially a family.

No comments: