Friday, August 23, 2024

Quote: Eddie and Buck (9-1-1)

Eddie: There aren't any tall buildings around here.

Buck: Right, and unless that song was based in truth, I don't think it's ever actually raining men.

Eddie: (Looking at the fire engine) I don't think he fell from the sky.

~ Edmundo "Eddie" Diaz and Evan "Buck" Buckley, 9-1-1 season 6 episode 8: What's Your Fantasy?

I can't believe the first thing of reference for Buck is that old iconic song "It's Raining Men" by The Weather Girls. Why was that the first thing that popped into his mind? And I'm not surprised this song was referenced, since it's known as a fun song that resonates with women, gay men and others in the queer community. So, was this song reference a wink and a nod towards Eddie and Buck in regards to their sexuality? Um, I guess only the writers know that answer.

I would take a guess that it was, especially since in the following seventh season, Buck being bisexual became canon. And now we're all waiting and hoping to see if the same will happen for Eddie in this upcoming eighth season.

(9-1-1 season 6 episode 8: What's Your Fantasy?)

No comments: