Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Video: Buck and Eddie - I just want you to know who I am

I know I keep saying that I am in awe of fan edits because I am. I absolutely love this edit Buck and Eddie - I just want you to know who I am by akapotatogirl. This video highlights so much that I love about Edmundo "Eddie" Diaz and Evan "Buck" Buckley's relationship on 9-1-1. A relationship that is unfortunately still not canon but here's hoping for season 8. As well as why I love the Buckley-Diaz family.

The writing in this show has shown countless times why Eddie and Buck are perfect for each other. I just wish the Showrunner and writers would follow through with it. And not to mention Buck and Eddie have this unbelievable chemistry that's impossible to deny. Which is ramped up even more when they are in beautifully written scenes that are filled with romantic tropes.

I really don't see the issue as to why these two 30-something best friends shouldn't be together. It makes so much sense narrative wise and plus, they're already an unofficial family. And putting them together certainly wouldn't ruin the show. I think it would give the writers even more storylines that could work with within the show. So instead of constantly putting them in relationships with random bland and boring disposable love interests, they could just follow through with the writing and put Eddie and Buck together. Again, here's hoping for season 8.

No comments: